Can you believe it? Another year has come and gone at the Frederick Chamber. 2015 was a year of growth and improvement for Frederick. From January to December we broke boundaries and pushed through to a better future. Here are a few of my favorites from 2015:
- Oyster Fry this year was as big as always. We had beautiful, sunny skies and nearly a thousand attendees. Something new we tried this year was the addition of Food Vendors at the Craft Show. This was a very successful venture because it gave those who (gasp) don’t eat oysters an alternative food source.
- In May we had the honor of attending the Governor’s Tourism Conference. This conference inspired lots of ideas to grow Frederick’s tourism industry. One of those ideas came into fruition around July of 2015.
- That idea led to the introduction of the first ever tourism website for Frederick, Oklahoma. Visitfrederick.com is a place where visitors can go to find out more about where to stay, play and shop in Frederick. This website was complimented by a Visit Frederick Twitter account and newsletter.
- Also this summer, Freewheel returned to Frederick for the first time since 2012 this year. As always, we rolled out the red carpet and put on an amazing bike parade, a great welcoming team and a unique Native American performance that was organized by the Historical Society. It may just be me, but I think we should be considered their favorite stop!
- In August we had our annual Teacher’s Luncheon. Dawn Mefford and Jill Biggs worked so hard that we gave away more Chamber Bucks than ever before! We do love our teachers!
- In October we hosted a huge tour group of 48 leaders, all of whom will potentially bring back other tour groups to Frederick. The leaders were extremely impressed with Frederick and all had a wonderful time.
- November boasts the most successful Cotton Festival yet. With fourteen chili teams and a $750 Grand Prize (that went to Chad and Anna Woffard) the attendance and fun went through the roof!
- This excellent event was followed by a very successful Christmas Parade that resulted in eleven Chamber Buck winners and three float prize winners.
- Overall we added seven new business members to the Chamber, all of which are excellent members we are excited about!
- We are already busy planning and organizing for a great 2016!
Thank you to all the board members, committee members, volunteers, sponsors and businesses who made 2015 special and amazing. We will continue to propel ourselves straight into 2016. See you next year!